Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Letter From Aunt Jess



dear little junebug, 
I know what it's like to be the second kid and I know you're thinking - 'where are all my letters from aunt jess?'

Well, I had quite the busy year - I moved all the way from NYC to SF, which, I think will be way more awesome for you to come and visit. Well, until you're in your 20s and then you'll really want to go to New York probably. I will give you tips. And then you can tell me all about your adventures. 

Aaaand, I started an office - which is insanely time consuming but certainly no excuse for slacking on Aunt duties. THOSE, are sacred. 

I had the best time with you in Palm Springs for our girls get away week-end! I hadn't seen you since October when you came to visit me - we'd been getting by on video chats - which - your big sister Zo would pretty much always take over - like big sisters do....

I was thrilled to hug on you in real life. When I landed in Palm Springs, you picked me up at the airport with your mom and Zo, but you were fast asleep in the carseat. You were sleeping hard - so when another person magically appeared in the front seat when you woke up, I think you were quite skeptical. You gave me a look like this:

But, as we are all Bauer-Greenes, you got on board. 

Oh man, you are super adorable and smart and funny. You weren't talking much then, you call Zoe Doe-woah and you say Mamma , yes, no and namah means everything else in the whole world. I quite like your simplification of things. Why bother with all the fuss of words really when you could be hauling water from the pool to the sand?

You look up to your sister so much, which is definitely something I can relate to and MAN, does she also give you grief. The good news is, you'll be excellent friends when you get older, but watch out, because she will  always want to boss you around. Forever. Even when you're 34 and she's 37. 

You are pretty rascally and get into just about everything imaginable. At the pool, you were super hilarious carrying buckets of water to the sand with a look on your face like...'ugh, another day at the coal mine' 'ho-hum - gotta make the donuts.' You also enjoy eating condiments with a spoon. 

We had fun swimming in the pool and you are a FEARLESS jumper from the side of the pool into our arms. It was completely awesome. I would go on vacation with you any day bug.

You also comepletely ruled when we went to the toy shop and you danced for about 10 minutes to an elmo cell phone and then put every purse on your arms and then dropped them all on the ground. GOOD RIDDANCE PURSES - you're getting me down.



Just so you know - you're my mini. It's weird how much you actually look exactly like I did when I was little. I wonder what you'll look like as an adult. You're like 2.0. The more awesome version perhaps?

I can't wait to see you this summer little bug and swim in the lake with you and show you that we love ice cream EXACTLY the same amount. 

I love you so much and basically explode from your awesomeness when I see you in photos that your mom sends me all the time.I can't wait until next time!

Love, 
Aunt Jess  

No comments:

Post a Comment