Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dear Junie B. Hair Cut

Guess who got her first hair cut? 



You have a lot of hair, pumpkin, and it was getting all NUTS. When I tried to snip just the hair that was always hanging in your face you moved and it turned out badly. And then of course I had nightmares of jamming your eyes with scissors because you're such a squirmy little rascal. So - best to leave these things to professionals is what I always say. Your mother is nothing if not resourceful. 

You would have done really well had it not been for your dreadlocks in the back. I tried as best I could to comb them all out before we went but there were a few I just couldn't get and so when Brandi combed them out you cried. Big, fat tears. 



If you would just stop letting them dread your hair at your Rastafarian gatherings, we wouldn't have to deal with this kind of stuff, you know? 






No comments:

Post a Comment